Friday, April 10, 2009

Gifts

I was just thinking today God's giving us so many gifts big and small.. 

a family that loves me so much.. :-D ( especially my crazy sister kay who prayed for me the other night and who always can make me smile by being silly ) 

awesome friends that listen to me when i need to talk about stuff... 

Just this morning i was annoyed because i had to help do stuff and i was like ugh when really i shouldn't have been that i had to help without eating breakfast not 5 seconds later my whiny little heart received pop tarts . God is good even when we're not.

It's been that way for a long time of course I wish tonight i was going to the good friday service but i got asked to work.. but i'm doing devotions here. 


How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom


I listened to this song. it's amazing.

I really connect with this song. And as the shirt from the song amazing grace says . " I am the wretch that song talks about'  I don't deserve anything from God but he wanted to give me this big gift , and he has it for all of you. I hope you accept it. I hope you guys have a good friday and remember it ! 

I'm glad sunday we'll get to say he is risen and can hear back he is risen indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment