Monday, January 18, 2010

How are you?


How are you?

How are you? Are you ok?
I ask checking if everything is alright
after you are quiet, a sad status or note,
a breakup, a death, or even a small fight

I want to help I really do..
But am I any help at all?
Smiles,hugs, jokes prayers..
my help seems small.

It's what I really want to do in life..
Help the people whose life is a mess
and to them find true healing
But I must confess...

It feels weird for me to need to talk
or the one who has the problem .
I can open up.. but sometimes it is hard..
Honestly it seems sometimes I try more then them

A lot of my friends need help
They have issues without a doubt
I love them really and not just"practice"
but ..for future it won't hurt that I try to help them out

Obviously I am not perfect..no one is
But I try to help the best I can now
To cheer them up and lead them to Him
who helps us do things when we don't know how

Sometimes I'm having trouble myself
Sometimes there is not enough time
Sometimes but no words come
I feel bad but it's what comes off life's shelf..

For those who don't or won't follow Him
or the unsure, really am a lot more blind
I know what they need but they don't..
That answer I still have yet to find

You don't know what will offend them
What they've heard a million times before
Or what they really need to hear
I really don't want them to walk out the door

Though I worry so much sometimes
For my friends and their future fate
I know I can't save people only God can
I care a lot..so on me it's still a weight
People sometimes wonder when I talk to them
In this crazy life that is sometimes at best a zoo
Why do I always ask the same question.
It comes almost always as if on cue..

I ask this question because I really care
And making sure no one is blue
And I want to know the truth
The question is how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment